Serving The Legal Needs Of Employers
At Shanberg, Stafford & Bartz LLP in Newport Beach, California, we provide a range of employment law services for employers in Orange County and throughout Southern California. Our attorneys are experienced and proficient in matters involving both business transactions and business litigation.
Our employment law services for employers include but are not limited to:
- Drafting employee handbooks and employment contracts
- Drafting other employment-related documents, including personnel policies and procedures
- Negotiating contracts
- Litigating contract disputes
- General human resources advice and counseling
- Drafting noncompete/nonsolicitation agreements
- Drafting severance agreements and negotiating severance packages
- Counseling employers on employment-related litigation
- Disputes regarding wage and hours, including back pay, vacation, time sheets and overtime
- Harassment and discrimination litigation
- Wrongful termination
- In-house training seminars
- Drafting licensing agreements
- Negotiating business transactions (i.e. mergers, dissolutions, etc.)
Representing Employers In Discrimination Claims
We have significant experience defending employers in discrimination claims brought before administrative agencies, including the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH).
If you or your business needs knowledgeable and skilled advocacy in any matter regarding employment law for employers, contact Shanberg, Stafford & Bartz LLP to speak with one of our lawyers.
Harassment Claim Representation
Employers can be held financially liable for sexual harassment that occurs in the workplace, at company-sponsored events or on company time. While most companies have a stated policy in their employee handbook prohibiting sexual harassment, this alone is not enough to protect a company from liability in sexual harassment cases. While the court has yet to view employee handbooks as contracts, it tends to hold companies responsible for the policies stated in them. As such, if a company has a policy and procedure in place for dealing with sexual harassment, the court is more likely to hold them accountable if it can be demonstrated that their own stated policies were not followed.
Business Transactions And Litigation
Whether we are counseling entrepreneurs on the range of options available for business formation, conducting in-house training seminars, drafting employee handbooks or defending employers in harassment and/or discrimination litigation, the attorneys at Shanberg, Stafford & Bartz LLP work closely with our clients to make sure the services we provide are tailor-made to meet their needs. Every case our law firm accepts is handled by one of our partners.
Find Out More
For more information about Shanberg, Stafford & Bartz LLP, please email or call our law office in Newport Beach at 800-519-9810. We represent clients throughout Southern California, including Santa Ana, Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, Los Angeles and Santa Monica.